Thank you so much for your interest in Style Frameworks. Below, you will find complete instructions for installing a clone of StyleFrameworks.com.
Please be sure to follow the step-by-step instructions provided.
The steps described below will create an EXACT clone of the existing Style Framework site shown at StyleFramework.com. This includes all its content, themes, users, posts, pages, etc. It will OVERWRITE ANY existing site and ALL existing content in the WordPress directory where the clone is installed. Therefore, to avoid writing over something accidentally, it is best if you create your Style Framework in a directory that has a brand new, clean installation of WordPress.
If you have not done so already......Fill out the form on this page, and you will be emailed the latest clone link for the site.
You may also want to purchase a copy of the book, UX Style Frameworks: Creating Collaborative Standards which presents complete details and documentation on Style Frameworks. It is available in hardcover, paperback, and Kindle form on Amazon.com.
STEPS TO INSTALL:1. Install a clean copy of WordPress onto the site or directory where you'd like your Style Framework to reside. Log in as an Administrator to reach the WordPress Dashboard.
4. Click "WP Clone."
5. In the panel, click the Radio button which says "Restore from URL" (shown below, outlined in red)
7. The plugin will then warn you that you are about to overwrite any and all existing content within the target directory. YOU MUST AGREE that you understand the risks by clicking a check box.
8. Then simply hit "Restore from URL"
9. In just a few moments, the plugin will place an exact replica of the site shown at StyleFramework.com into your directory.
10. You may be asked to rebuild your perma-links. Select the format you prefer and hit Okay.
11. Since you will be in the WP-Admin Area, now is the time to go to the Users Section and change the password for SFAdmin (it is initially set to "password" so you can login for the first time). Plus, I have left my user account active so I can log in to help you in the event you run into installation troubles. Please feel free to delete my user account as soon as you are confident you can access the WP-admin area easily.
12. When you have confirmed that the site is functioning properly, you can do the following:
- Replace the Aksimet key with your own so you can continue to be protected from spam; and
- Download and install a security program such as Wordfence. Sadly, there are people who will try to break into your site.
- Remove the "Request a Clone" page and related "Easy Contact" plug-ins.
- Although the parent theme for Style Frameworks is a free theme named Vantage, I hope you will consider upgrading to thee Premium version of Vantage for $20 as it make many additional features available to you.
If you would like on-site training and consultation by the author
If you would like help getting your new Style Framework up and running as quickly as possible, we at Tonic3 would be happy to provide assistance.
We offer a "Style Framework Kickstart Package" which includes the following:
1. Marti Gold will visit your office for 3 days (Continental US travel is included in price. International destinations can be quoted separately.)
2. During that time, Marti will conduct hands-on training sessions for your key personnel on how to set up, use, and maintain the Style Framework. This includes any sessions with key stakeholders to explain the full benefits of the system and tips on recruiting owners.
3. Marti will also work with your key personnel to review your existing standards and processes, and help you determine the most effective ways to transitioning into this new system.
4. Based on that evaluation, Tonic3 personnel can begin the process of copying your existing standards/content into your new Style Framework. (price includes up to 20 man-hours. Additional hours can be quoted on request.)
5. We will also leave behind three copies of Ms. Gold's book, "UX Style Frameworks: Creating Collaborative Standards" and prepare specific notes on your installation for on-going reference.
The Style Framework Kickstart Package requires an investment of $12,500 and can be completed in about one week. Any additional support, or other UX Design, Research and Testing services you might need can be discussed and priced separately.
Once again, thank you so much for your interest in Style Frameworks. We encourage you to provide us with feedback on ways the system can be improved, and how it is being used within your organization. It is my hope to add a link to other public Style Frameworks on StyleFrameworks.com, so that we can learn from one another.
Thanks again, and if you have any questions or need assistance, feel free to reach out to me using the form on our Contact Us page, or via Twitter (@martigold).
*** Marti Gold